Saturday, August 30, 2008

The project I never thought I'd get to...

I'm actually writing the fantasy novel that's been bouncing around in my head for about 15 years!!!


Really, this thing has been growing like fungus in the back of my brain, and now the spores have finally burst. I have my oldest son and Dungeons and Dragons to thank for that. He bought some D&D stuff while I was working in Oman during June and we are now playing a game I hadn't even realized I sorely missed. The sci-fi thing I thought I'd be doing is still standing politely in the background, waiting for me to pay it some attention, but my high fantasy has taken off like mad.


Wizards of the Coast rock!


I'm excited, and I think my sweet lovely Anne is too. She's been reading the chapters and outlines and stuff as I crank it out. She's awesome. Anyway, it's 12:30 in the morning here in Oman, and I have to get up for a stupid driving class in the morning, so this will be short.


What I'm reading:


Loads and loads of 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons rulebooks and assorted stuff.
Thanks again, Wizards of the Coast!


The Tower of Shadows - Drew Bowling
Finished. Quite nice.

Eldest - Christoper Paolini
Just started. So far so good.

Still not finished with The Gardens of Kyoto. Sorry, babe.

Warbreaker - Brandon Sanderson
You have to check this one out. I love this guy. It's the second coolest magic system I've ever seen. Sorry, Brandon. Gotta give the top props to another Utah writer, David Farland. The Runelords system is super-sweet.

Read. Write. Be merry.

No comments: