Thursday, September 17, 2009

Reading List

Dated 10th September

Not a lot to put in this week. I probably mentioned last week that I had finished Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb. I also mentioned yesterday that my list of things to read has just exponentially longer what with my new project being a visit to the roots of the genre. As of right this second, the only book I'm actually reading is Elric Stealer of Souls by Michael Moorcock. Moorcock's Elric is, as I've mentioned before, the model antihero. To any of my younger readers who have yet to read any of Moorcock's work, I highly recommend beginning with any book that stars Elric.

Apart from this single book, I'm not reading much of anything. I am, however, listening to the Writing Excuses podcasts. Yet another project that involves Brandon Sanderson. That guy seems to be everywhere these days, and I hope one day to be equally as involved in the writing community as he is. He has become one of my heroes.

CL

No comments: