Friday, October 17, 2008

Nothing Happening

Today is Saturday, October 11, 2008, and I am back in Oman. It was an uneventful trip, for the most part. I was able to trade my window seats for aisle seats on the trip, which is better for me considering that I’m such a large guy. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it here, but I’m a big dude; 374 pounds big the last time I weighed myself on a scale that doesn’t just shout for me to get my fat butt off of it when I climb on. I’ve been big for as long as I can remember, though, so no fat joke can bother me. In fact, as you can see, I’m the first to crack a fat joke because I long ago decided that I’m okay with the fact that I’m rotund.

Well, that’s actually not the case... I really hate being fat. With every ounce of me, I hate it. That’s a lot of hate. It used to bother me, but what’s the use of going through life with no sense of self-worth when you can just decide to get over it?

Anyway, I guess that’s my news. My Sweet and I attended a preliminary meeting to get me on the road to health. I’m going to have gastric bypass surgery sometime after the first of the year. I have to gather some medical info and get my insurance company to sign off, then I’m under the knife. Or laser. Or whatever...

That’s it for this post. More tomorrow, I hope.

Read something good for me.

No comments: