Thursday, October 2, 2008

This is Daily?

Yeah, I know. I said daily, but sometimes life gets in the way.

At any rate, I went to a reading/signing down at my local library. It was Brandon Sanderson! My lovely wife went with me, and we had a nice time. He read from an unpublished work, called The Way of Kings I think. It was quite good. Gravity-based magic. Super cool. He talked about A Memory of Light and some of his other works, specifically the Alcatraz books. He was quite funny and personable. We bought hardcovers of the the 1st and 2nd Alcatraz books, with the second one being an early release, and numbered 11 of 50 as well (Brandon said he generally numbers the first 50 he signs).

The whole experience was fun and enlightening. We could tell that he's really busy these days. He was really pale and pretty stoop-shouldered. He also made me feel very inadequate. He says he generally writes three books a year. THREE!!! I struggle to get three chapters a year! Of course, I also see more than just a bit of sun...

Ah well, he's a full-time author-type guy, and I'm just a working stiff. I'll just keep plugging along.

More later...

CL

No comments: