Friday, October 24, 2008

Weekly?

It’s harder to do this daily than I suspected. Oh well, on with the show...

Monday: Well, not much to say on the family front. I’m not with my family right now, which sucks. I’m pretty sure I should be able to think of something to say, but I just can’t come up with any more than I just love them all and wish I was home.

Tuesday: I’ve become quite disenchanted at work these days. I’m thinking of leaving Oman. I’ve pretty much had it up to my eyebrows with the crap here. I’ve got feelers out back in Rock Springs where I started with Big Red, and I’m also looking at working for a division of the company called Special Services. If any of these options work out schedule-wise, I think I’ll politely ask these people over here to stick this job where the sun is dimmest. On the writing side of life, I’ve been lax for a few days, trying to get some thoughts straight and plan a few things out.

Wednesday: I don’t have much on my mind right now, so I don’t have any musings to reveal. About the only off-the-subject thing I have to say, I said on the Tuesday portion of this post.

Thursday: I’m reading these:
  • The Gardens of Kyoto; Kate Walbert. Still working on this one. Have only read a few pages since last update.
  • Warbreaker; Brandon Sanderson. Very good so far. Read it, you’ll like it.
  • Blaze; Richard Bachman (Steven King). Finished, and it’s good. A bit vulgar, but Mr. King is not known for being altogether “family friendly.” It’s a good story though. I recommend it.
  • In Search of the Swan Maiden: A Narrative on Folklore and Gender; Barbara Fass Leavy. I read a bit of this one. It’s pretty dry, but a wealth of information.

Friday: Here’s the progress report. I’ve finished the first encounter in my D&D adventure, and will get back to work on it as soon as my state of mind and the level of real what-I-get-paid for work allows. My new novel is taking a backseat to the D&D thing, but I’ve been ruminating on it and I believe it will go pretty fast once I get back to it.

No comments: