Friday, August 14, 2009

Current Reading List

The Books of the South; Glen Cook – The second set of books of the Black Company. I really enjoy Glen Cook’s character driven stories. If you like fantasy, I highly recommend the Black Company books.
A Dictionary of Superstitions; Edited by Iona Opie and Moira Tatem – This is probably the best book I’ve ever found at the library. My Lovely just bought it on Amazon. The origins of various superstitions are really fascinating. I’m using this one for research for some of my stories.
Fantasy Encyclopedia; Judy Allen – Another research book.
The Great Encyclopedia of Faeries; Pierre Dubois – Yet another research book.
Atlas of the Mysterious in North America; Rosemary Ellen Guiley – Another one for research, and quite interesting as well.
Turn Coat; Jim Butcher – Finished this one a few days ago. Jim Butcher is my current hero.
Heroes Die; Matthew Woodring Stover – This one is on my Read Next list. Perhaps by the weekend, but more likely next week sometime.

And that’s what I’m reading as of right now.

CL

No comments: