Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Scheming

Tuesday's the day I get to tell about all my plans and projects. Currently, I'm working on an urban fantasy that's set in Las Vegas. I don't want to give too much away of the magic system, but it's something I've seen only a few times before. I'm having some good fun writing it. So far, I'm finished with the first drafts of the prologue and chapter 1. I figure if I can do a thousand words a day, I should be able to finish it pretty easily by the end of the year.

I have also been reviewing some of my older ideas and beginnings. I'm excited about most of it, but I'm particularly intrigued with an opening line I wrote down about two years ago.

"In 1991, I sold my soul for a pair of acid-wash jeans."

That makes me chuckle every time I read it. I'm going to have loads of fun getting that story down on the page.

On a slightly different note, I have approached one of my friends from high school to do some editing and proofreading for me. He is a pretty sharp guy, but even more importantly, he's pretty blunt and honest. That's what I'm looking for in an editor. While I like praise as much as the next guy, I'm not interested in having my ego stroked as feedback. He has done some editing for other writers in the past, so I'm hoping he'll give me some good input.

CL

No comments: