Thursday, August 13, 2009

We Now Resume Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Hello again. It’s been a while.

Wednesday. Off-the-writing-subject musings today. Fortuitous.

Well, let’s catch up on what’s been going on in my world for the past half year plus. I have completely reintegrated in Rock Springs, Wyoming, after my transfer with Big Red. Some of the old guys are still around, and we’ve had a good time catching up, I think. Some of them still don’t really appreciate my sense of humor, but I’m just like I always have been, so they’ll just have to gut it out. There are a bundle of new guys, but that’s to be expected in the industry whence I toil. Anyway, since the transfer, I’m home way less often, have way less opportunity to write, and am generally about as miserable as I was over in Oman. This is really just something of a pit stop on my way to finding gainful employment in the same zip code where Home is. On the good side, I can make a bit more money monthly in the Rock, depending on how many hours I put in.

Best part; everyone speaks English! No more language barrier! Now if I could just summit Mount Moron, all would be right in my work-world.

On the home front, Sweetness and I have weathered a pretty rough patch. Mostly weathered it, anyway. I’m working on some stuff, she’s working on some stuff. We’ll pull through. I’m still just beside myself that I have her, and I miss her every day.

Since I’m on night shift, this Wednesday post won’t actually go up until early Thursday morning, but that’s just tough.

Talk to you tomorrow.

CL

No comments: