Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday

Supposedly, today's subject is exciting news. Well, I don't have any. The most exciting thing happening to me currently is naptime.

I'm working these days in North Dakota. Still based out of Rock Springs, but traveling up here to work. I stay at a mancamp much like the camp I lived at in Oman while I was over there. Far less hot, what with being on the border of the Great White North. It's worthwhile because of the pay, but I'm here for two to three weeks at a time, and that part isn't so cool.

For my Lovely:

I know this is hard some days. This life we have been dealt wears on me, too. But I take my solace in knowing that you miss me every day, which means that you love me and want me to be around. I know it isn't fun for you to be a single mom, and I never meant for that to be the case. I'm sorry for the necessity, but not for the life that we've built that I've never really been able to partake of fully. I miss out on so much, and I'm jealous of your closeness to all the things I wish I were a bigger part of. I love you and miss you every day, too. I can't wait to come home.

CL

No comments: